Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Great things about November......


Oh my gosh! Time flies when you are sort of unemployed.........Since I did not land my dream teaching job (or any teaching job) this fall, you would think I'd have at least a rough draft of my novel by now. But sadly, I can barely keep up with my blog. Well it has been an exciting month..........
Starting with.............Christmas morning, I mean, November 6th, 2008! The Victorson and Lentz gang huddled close for the early returns sporting our sweet t-shirts (see the tiniest of all on my indie rock baby here) and clapping a lot. After some CNN and an exhausting round of legos, Charlie went to bed and Rob and I broke out the beer and nachos to prepare for a long night. Except it wasn't a long night! One minute Warner Saunders and Alison Rosati are bantering back and forth on NBC 5, the next minute the camera cuts to Oprah and Jesse Jackson crying in Grant Park. Our hometown hero Barack is our senator no more....he is the next President!!! What a remarkable day.

And then there was the week off from CPS. (that stands for Chicago Public Schools, the giant school district for which I am a prolific substitute teacher) A painful dent in the family funds, but a week off nonetheless. We had some quality family time, including a big day at the Kohl children's museum, and Rob and I had a date! We took an afternoon off together to see "W". We also took the car in for repairs and an oil change. I know, very sexy. There was thai food afterwards.......

On Nov. 14th, after calling my mom18 times that day, I finally got the news that my sister gave birth to Magnus Victor! I hear he is just over 6 pounds. How unfair is is that everyone except me gets to hold him right now? I can't wait to love the tiny guy! Charlie will be bananas for him.

And this week I bask in the afterglow of my 37th birthday. Good grief that sounds old! Skipped the HIdden Cove karaoke bar this year (have I even set foot in there since 2004?) and went for princess treatment at home which was well worth it. Lots of phone calls from my peeps, dinner by Rob, and a "Happy Birthday Mommy" from my little man.

And little man just gets more and more amazing all the time. He loves to chase the EL train around the neighborhood and demands to see it when I pick him up at daycare. He frequently delights in legos and "playing puzzles!" He says "thank you" and gracias sometimes, without prompting, and always wants to go to church.

He can climb up to the first rung of his crib, sign "refidgerator" in ASL, and say the name of the current president elect.

Now off to Gran and Poppy's for sweet potatoes and green bean casserole, Nashville style. Wishin Y'all a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: