Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm Just So Tiny and Cute



In fact, Charlie is not "so tiny" but that's what this picture says to me. He reminds me of Lily Tomlin as Edith Ann in her giant rocker, dwarfed by furniture.

Doctor's appointment on Monday reveals that Charlito is 17 pounds of sweet baby boy, and 26.5 in. long. Doctor M. says that's normal and not, in fact, "big!" as strangers seem to think. What does it matter? He is just right to us.

Charlie braved 3 shots like a pro, and sat up and did all his tricks for Dr. M. who he seems to just love. He is healthy and good and we can't wait for him to roll over. I guess that will just happen when he's good and ready.

Little man is really into stuffed animals these days--they're easy to pick up and lick and squeeze AND they look at you! He loves his puppy that says "Te Quiero!" and his blue dino puppet.

Teething seems to be well under way. No evidence of teeth but sudden outbursts of pain tears from time to time. Outbursts that break our hearts......wet washcloths and his soft teething ring seem to help.

Foods we'll eat are: rice cereal, sweet potatoes, carrots, applesauce, pears, and peas! But easy on the carrots and the fruit--these are funny face inducing.

Babysitters! So far Charlie has had two nights alone with Garrett and Lauren and he definitely loves them. Although Gran, Momala, Poppy and Grandpa are still his faves. Rob and I are grateful for the opportunity to go out--this weekend we had sushi at a fabulous place in lincoln square that called for nice clothes. I had forgotten about Sushi--it's good. We had drinks before and coffee afterwards and were home by 9:30. It was a big night.

Charlie has a new friend in Izzy and we went to visit her and mom Suzann over the weekend. No pics of them yet--maybe next time. Lots of friends! what a lucky guy. And what a lucky mom am I to know so many other moms.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MK,
He is so cute! Don't listen to what people say, Charlie is perfect. Good luck on the rolling over...we are at the standing stage, yikes!
Miss you,
Love,
Carrie

Momala said...

MK and Rob -- This is my favorite photo...Charlito on the Couch...and there he is at 17 lbs. That little face seems to say, "Where's my Mommy...my Daddy?...how am I gonna get off this couch? I can't wait to feed him his cereal and sweet potatoes. It's so hard when they are teething and there isn't much you can do but the washcloths and teething rings. Kiss him lots for me. Momala